For children aged 3 to 7 years old
This project is the application of an idea and an insightful vision of the world. It has been developed by an artist already well-known in the world of drawing for adults. He has made widely known contributions to literature and art for children in Egypt, in the Arab world as well as at the international level.
The artist Adli Rizkallah has opted for a learning method using gaming; drawings of a superior artistic level that are to a great extent modern and are known as "Play and Learn through Art". Learning and acquisition of different skills will be the result of this project's gaming. The child will have fun, be entertained and will very much practice freedom.
The project "Play, Play, Play and Learn with Doudou" is grounded in a method based upon artistic criteria. The method insists on the pedagogical model and its thorough approach leads the child to questioning, inquiry and discovery.
Rizkallah uses shapes, and drawing, akin to modern mathematics, invoking usage of logic, observation, analysis and deductive reasoning via visual depictions. It is known the extent the presence of shapes is of vital importance to the child's thinking especially during the phase that precedes going to school.
This is why a good part of the project is aimed at children who have not yet experienced reading and writing. Thus it is a specific attempt to awaken and put in motion "visual thinking" which attempts to catch the world with the language of shapes. To accomplish this it is absolutely necessary to set off all capacities of the brain and, more generally, stimulate the human senses.
The project's drawings are not always a reproduction of reality. This is intended to develop the child's imagination as well as his/her creative and inventive abilities which are already present in the child but get destroyed by the directive traditional educational systems.
The drawing -which is a visual aspect of the project - occupies 90% of the "Play, Play, Play and Learn with Doudou" learning method. This lends to easy translation into different languages as well and addresses issues for the children of the entire world.
The project has developed over a quarter of a century which rendered the experience mature enough to apply it to children from different cultures, and backgrounds. This allows them to enter the 21st century prepared to deal with our rapidly changing world and methods of technology, information and communication.
The project’s importance
The most unique aspect of this project is its original, colorful artistic approach and the fact that it is based upon one of the most recent pedagogical methods which is learning via art and gaming which provides the bases of different sciences.
The project’s method seeks to entirely release the child’s energy by developing his/her diverse skills and capacities. As a consequence, the project leads to the development of the child’s personality “character education”, thus, creating and developing independent, original and inventive personalities.
The project respects, in particular, the potential, as well as the weaknesses of the child and takes them into consideration. It is interesting to note that the traditional directive educational systems have completely ignored these attributes and their differences in relation to each child
The gaming fictional characters are drawn in a simple and non-heroic style in order not to overwhelm the children’s physical capabilities while they’re playing some of the games. This enhances the children’s positive participation and builds their self-confidence.
General objectives of the project
- To instill the love and respect of life and nature at a young age in a child and build an inner feeling of responsibility, and positive, healthy sense of curiosity. Doing this will alleviate childhood boredom and the desire to dwell, for long hours, in front of television, computer or video gaming which are rapidly becoming an addiction. Parents complain about their children’s lack of concentration and sense of responsibility as well as their selfishness, timidity, aggressiveness and passivity as a result of their life style!
- To establish a link between the child and the book, the child and the words. This exposes the child, early in childhood, to the possibility of developing a love of reading and books, as well as teaches him/her to relax and enjoy reading.
- Develops a relationship between the child and the visual games, the colors and the shapes, to nourish his/her imagination which will have a positive influence on the development of their senses and capabilities while cultivating their taste.
- Helps a child develop an acute sense of beauty, a taste for different arts and music genres in order to open up to the rest of the world and to different cultures.
- To extend the process of education beyond pure scholarly activities. Parents would have an active role in their education and thus promote communication between parents and children.
- To develop different zones in the child’s brain and its different centers of perception and awareness as well as his/her nervous and
psychic system so that the child gains a superior level of emotional and social intelligence.
- The project contributes in an essential manner to the shaping of independent as well as well-integrated personalities within their familial and social environment; the purpose of which is to shape personalities equally sociable that would be neither self-confining nor aggressive.
- The project develops the child’s identity and fights feelings of inferiority.
- The project places, from the very beginning, the process of education in a healthy and advanced context for our countries while catching up with the international modern educative methods.
The project is composed of different sets of books according to the different skills to be developed in the child. The parts of each set vary from a book or an accordion booklet, a gaming copybook, game cards as well as computer games and bumper stickers.
These diverse sets progressively become more difficult but there are different levels inside each set or each game. The only exceptions are the bumper stickers, letters and numbers copybooks.
The project develops basic tools of the different sciences such as:
• Alphabetical letters and numbers.
• Introduces the world of signs to children.
• Initiates the child into the roots of modern visual researches. Visual arts and graphics.
• Instills the bases and principles of modern mathematics and fine arts.
• Teaches the basis of decoration and Arabic cultural heritage.
• Introduces the first facts of nature, biology and agriculture to the child.
The project develops diverse capacities and skills:
• Improves the capacity of the child’s ability to observe and concentrate.
• Increases his/her capacity to invent, imagine and create.
• Stimulates zones in the child’s brain, its perception and awareness centers as well as memory.
• The child’s capacity to establish the link between shapes and to recognize the relations between them.
• His/her capacity to link the part to the whole.
• His/her capacity to solve problems. (Problem solving and finding alternatives).
• Teaching the child methodical, critical, logical and organized thinking. (Logical methodological and critical thinking)